Keeping chats secure in WhatsApp is important and while WhatsApp offers end-to-end encryption to keep it secure digitally, it is also important to keep things secure and private from users’ end. To ensure that WhatsApp added the app lock feature to the platform that allowed users to lock the entire app to prevent it from getting acceessed by an unauthorised person.
Extending the feature, the instant messaging platform has rolled out a new Chat Lock feature that allows users to lock individual chats and group chats for added privacy and security.
To use this feature and lock individual chats on WhatsApp, follow our step-by-step guide:
Things you need to know about WhatsApp Chat Lock
- Locks individual chats and group chats
- Hides the contact or group from the regular Chat listing on the app
- Hides message preview from notification panel
- Moves locked chats to dedicated Locked Chat section
- Lock chats with biometric, PIN or password
Make sure you’ve installed the latest version of the WhatsApp app on your phone
Active WhatsApp account
Steps to lock individual chats on WhatsApp
- Open the updated WhatsApp on your phone
- Scroll down the chat list or search the contact who’s chat you want to lock individually
- Open the chat window of the contact and tap on the name at the top
- Scroll down and tap on Lock chat option
- Enable the toggle and authenticate using your screen lock
- Note that WhatsApp automatically takes the phone’s lock screen method to lock the chats.
That’s it! That particular chat is now locked on WhatsApp. Repeat the same for other chats that you want to lock.
How to access locked chats on WhatsApp
All the locked chats on WhatsApp move under a new tap Locked Chats. Simply swipe down from the top on the chat list screen to access the Locked Chat option. Tap on it, authenticate it and there you are. All your locked chats will be available.
end of article