Meta-owned instant messaging app WhatsApp is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Besides text messages, numerous photos, videos, GIFs and stickers are also shared on the app everyday. In 2021, WhatsApp also introduced a built-in payment option for its users. It lets them send and receive money into their bank accounts via Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
WhatsApp Payments: Make transactions, view balance, and more
WhatsApp Payments makes UPI money transfers available on the messaging app. It retrieves bank account information using the phone number linked to the user’s account. In addition to sending and receiving money, you can check bank account balance, view payment history, and report a payment on the texting app.
How to view payment history on WhatsApp for Android:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on the three-dot menu button available on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Payments option from the menu.
- Under History, you can see all your previous transactions done on WhatsApp.
How to view payment history on WhatsApp for iOS:
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select the Payments option.
- Then, under the Payment History tab, tap on the See all option to view all past transactions.
WhatsApp also allows you to report a payment after you have made an online payment using UPI. To get details about the payment you have reported, you can check its status within the app by tapping on the transaction in the ‘History’ section.
This feature can help you keep track of all your online payments on WhatsApp. Apart from this, you can also check your bank account balance using the instant messaging app.